HEALTH AND SAFETY
WHAT IS THE SYLVEE’S CURRENT POLICY REGARDING COVID-19?
- Please note High Noon Saloon, Majestic Theatre, Orpheum Theater, and The Sylvee are requiring all fans to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the event OR full vaccination (at least two weeks after final dose) for entry.
- Proof of vaccination includes either an original vaccination card, a copy of your vaccination card, or a picture of your vaccination card that will be matched with your ID.
- Unvaccinated fans under 12 years of age will be required to take a COVID-19 diagnostic test within 72-hours before entry to the facility and will provide printed proof of negative result prior to entering the venue.
- Unvaccinated fans over 12 years old with a valid medical restriction will be required to take a COVID-19 diagnostic test within 72-hours before entry to the facility, and will provide printed proof of negative result prior to entering the venue.
- Varied COVID-19 policies may apply to the show you are attending due to artist request. We suggest ticketholders double-check policies for each show they are attending by visiting the event/ticketing webpages, venue social media pages, and venue pre-show emails.
- If you are feeling sick, stay home
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the venue
DO I HAVE TO BRING MY VACCINATION CARD OR WILL A PHOTO / PHOTOCOPY SUFFICE?
You can show an original vaccination card, a copy of your vaccination card, or a picture of your vaccination card that will be matched with your ID. Your records from the WI Immunization Registry are also acceptable.
ARE MASKS REQUIRED?
- In accordance with current Dane County Public Health guidelines, performances through October 7, 2021 will also require masks regardless of vaccination status.
- For shows October 8, 2021 and beyond, mask policies may apply on a show-by-show basis. Please double-check policies for your specific show.
WHY IS THE SYLVEE ENACTING THIS POLICY?
We are working to ensure we are reopening in the safest way possible for staff, artists, crew, fans, and communities at large. We believe it’s much better to take these precautions so we can enjoy shows together rather than go back to no shows at all.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF THE EVENT I AM GOING TO REQUIRES A NEGATIVE COVID-19 DIAGNOSTIC TEST OR FULL VACCINATION?
- Health Check entry requirements are listed on the event and ticketing pages. Ticket holders will also be reminded of these details in the pre-event emails they get ahead of the show.
- For events that may update health requirements after you have purchased your ticket, ticket holders will receive an updated notification alerting them to the change in entry requirements.
- Fans can also visit the venue’s website close to show day to see the building’s latest guidelines as things continue to evolve.
WHAT KIND OF COVID-19 TEST IS CONSIDERED A DIAGNOSTIC TEST?
A PCR or antigen COVID-19 test will be accepted – please be sure to bring printed proof of your negative test result, dated and time-stamped.
WILL AT HOME COVID-19 TESTS BE ACCEPTED?
At-home covid test results will only be accepted if there is a link to results you can print from a medical platform.
I HAVE RECEIVED MY FIRST COVID-19 VACCINATION DOSE, WILL MY FIRST DOSE VACCINATION BE ACCEPTED AT ENTRY?
Proof of full vaccination requires the last vaccination dose to be administered at least two weeks prior to the event date. If your dose is from a vaccine series that requires two doses, full vaccination status requirement would be met only 14 days after the second dose. For those guests who have only received the first of two doses, proof of a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test will be required and taken within 72 hours prior to the event date.
HOW CLOSE TO THE EVENT DATE SHOULD I TAKE A COVID-19 DIAGNOSTIC TEST?
For events that require proof of a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test, most events are requiring the test to be taken within 72 hours prior to the event date. Check the event details page for Health Check requirements for your specific event.
WHO WILL CHECK VACCINATION STATUS OR NEGATIVE COVID-19 DIAGNOSTIC TEST AT ENTRY?
At entry, Event Staff will validate your negative COVID-19 diagnostic test results OR vaccine proof. It is important that you bring a print or photocopy of your proof before arriving for quick processing. Test results must be dated and time-stamped to be accepted.
WILL EVENT STAFF FOLLOW THE SAME HEALTH CHECK PROTOCOL AS FANS?
Yes. All venue staff and vendors will be required to follow the same onsite Health Check requirements as fans. We are all in this together and working by the same guidelines.
WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFO REGARDING COVID-19 VACCINATIONS?
You can find information about where to get vaccinated in Dane County by visiting https://publichealthmdc.com/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine
WHERE CAN I GET A COVID-19 TEST?
You can find more information about where to get tested in Dane County and surrounding areas by visiting https://publichealthmdc.com/coronavirus/testing
WHAT IF I WOULD RATHER GET A REFUND?
Refunds will be available for anyone who submits confirmation of a positive test result 72 hours ahead of the show. For tickets purchased through any resale or third-party site, please reach out to your point of purchase directly.
BOX OFFICE & TICKETS
HOW CAN I BUY TICKETS IN PERSON?
You can purchase tickets for shows at The Sylvee, Majestic Theatre, High Noon Saloon, and Orpheum Theater in person at The Sylvee box office during the below hours. A $2 per ticket fee may still apply for tickets purchased in person at The Sylvee box office. If tickets remain, they can also be purchased at the doors when they open night of the show.
STANDARD SYLVEE BOX OFFICE HOURS
Monday – Saturday: 10AM – 3PM
EVENT DAY SYLVEE BOX OFFICE HOURS
Monday – Saturday: 10AM – headlining act goes on stage
Sunday: 2 hours prior to showtime – headlining act goes on stage
WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH MOBILE AND DIGITAL TICKETS? AM I STILL ABLE TO GET A PHYSICAL TICKET?
We are moving towards strictly digital tickets along with a lot of the music industry.
Each digital ticket will have a scannable barcode that can also be added to your smartphone’s wallet in advance so you don’t have to worry about poor cell service. NOTE: Your barcode includes technology to protect it, so you won’t be able to use screenshots or print outs. A short video tutorial can be found here.
CAN I PURCHASE TICKETS AT THE BOX OFFICE DURING THE PRESALE WITH THE CODE?
Presales that happen before the general onsale are available online only.
DO YOU HAVE ADA AREAS / SELL ADA TICKETS?
Yes. Accessible seating is available online through Ticketmaster by clicking the ADA filter on the ticket page or at our box office. If you need assistance you can call our box office at 608-709-8157 or email email@example.com. We have specific ADA seats in our balcony as well as an ADA area on our ground floor at the railing surround the pit that is by availability. Please find venue staff if you need assistance day of show.
MY TICKETS ARE AT WILL CALL, WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO PICK THEM UP?
All guests picking up tickets at Will Call must show a photo ID, credit card used to purchase the tickets, and ticket confirmation number. Will Call tickets can only be picked up the night of the event.
MY FRIEND HAS TICKETS AT WILL CALL, BUT CAN’T MAKE IT. CAN I PICK UP THEIR TICKETS?
We are only allowed to distribute tickets to the ticket purchaser or winner directly. The box office cannot transfer the names on tickets purchased through third party sites, tickets won through giveaways, or any names on a guest list. To transfer a name on any of these orders please log into your Ticketmaster app or contact the point of purchase directly.
CAN I PURCHASE TICKETS FOR OTHER VENUES AT THE SYLVEE BOX OFFICE?
Yes! You can get tickets for shows at Majestic Theatre, High Noon Saloon, Orpheum Theater, and most Alliant Energy Center and Breese Stevens Field concerts in person at The Sylvee box office during our business hours.
I PURCHASED VIP TICKETS THAT INCLUDE EARLY ENTRY. WHAT TIME SHOULD I ARRIVE?
Generally, artists have a team that handles their VIP program and will send out the timeline of events the week of the show. If you feel you didn’t receive this email please check your purchase confirmation email for a customer service contact to get more info.
WHAT ARE PLATINUM TICKETS?
Platinum Tickets are tickets that are dynamically priced up and down based on demand. Platinum Tickets are not part of VIP packages – they are tickets only. Click Here to learn more about Platinum Tickets
I THINK I’M ON THE GUEST LIST?
Artist guest lists are usually at the box office about a half hour before doors open on the day of the show. To redeem your tickets, please present your valid Photo ID. To avoid any confusion, we recommend double checking with your contact the day before the show to eliminate any miscommunication the night of.
CAN I REFUND MY TICKETS?
All ticket sales are final. Tickets will only be refunded if an event is canceled. Show times and support acts are subject to change without notice. In the event that a show is canceled, refunds are available at the point of purchase. For online purchases, refunds will be issued automatically to the card on which the tickets were purchased.
I WANT TO BRING MY CHILD TO A SHOW. DO THEY NEED A TICKET?
Our policy is children age 2 and under in arms do not need a ticket. Occasionally specific shows might have their individual policies which would supersede our venue policy. These instances would be indicated on the ticket link. We also strongly recommend a form of protective ear covers to protect your kiddo’s sensitive ears. If you have any further questions on this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I HAVE A SPECIFIC QUESTION ABOUT MY TICKET – WHO CAN I CONTACT?
For specific ticking needs (ie transfers, lost receipts, to purchase ADA tickets, etc) please contact our box office during their business hours at 608-709-8157 or email email@example.com
I SEE TICKETS FOR SALE ON THIS WEIRD WEBSITE. WILL THOSE WORK?
The only authorized source for online ticket sales is Ticketmaster.com which can be accessed through our website www.TheSylvee.com. Any other website, secondary ticket agency, or ticket broker is not a verified ticketing agent. Tickets purchased from an unauthorized website may be counterfeit, stolen, or otherwise void and may not be valid for admission to the event.
GIFT CARDS & MERCH
DO YOU SELL GIFT CARDS? WHAT CAN I USE MY GIFT CARD FOR?
You can purchase gift cards in person at our box office during their business hours or on our website’s
Gift cards are redeemable in person at the box office for concert tickets to shows at all of our venues in town – The Sylvee, Majestic Theatre, and High Noon Saloon. You can also use them for beverages and venue merch at the show. Check your gift card balance HERE.
PLANNING YOUR VISIT
WHAT BASIC INFORMATION SHOULD I BE AWARE OF BEFORE COMING INTO THE VENUE?
- Please arrive early to the venue to allow enough time for you and your guests to move through the queue and enter the venue.
- Prior to entering the venue, guests will be searched (wand or walk through metal detection and/or pat-downs) to ensure that none of the restricted items enters the building.
- We suggest you leave valuable and unnecessary items at home.
- You may be asked to empty your pockets of all items so that they can be examined.
- All alcohol and narcotic laws will be strictly enforced.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone. If you see something that concerns you, please say something to our management or security so we can ensure the best experience possible.
CAN I BRING MY BAG TO THE SHOW?
Any bags larger than a small personal clutch must be clear. We do have clear plastic bags to purchase for $5 if needed. Exceptions will be made for necessary medical equipment and bags for nursing mothers.
WHAT TIME DO DOORS OPEN?
As a general rule, doors open for the show an hour and a half before the advertised show time. Occasionally an artist will need extra time for set-up and sound check, and this could briefly delay the time we open the doors. Please check the event listing for door times for each specific show.
WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED IN THE VENUE?
- No guns, knives, weapons, pepper spray, projectiles of any kind, or any other item that could be used to inflict harm.
- No replica weapons.
- No drugs, drug paraphernalia or illegal substances of any kind.
- No outside food or drinks – cans, bottles or coolers. This also includes empty water bottles.
- No personal video cameras, Go-Pros, selfie sticks, drones, masks or laser pointers.
- No professional audio, video, or audio recording equipment – (including detachable lenses, tripods, zooms or commercial use rigs)
- No unsealed liquids or gels of any kind.
- No jewelry or clothing that could inflict harm.
- No large bags over (10″ x 10″), backpacks, Camelbacks or Bota bags.
- No stuffed animals, toys, lawn furniture, fireworks, or umbrellas.
- This list of prohibited items is not inclusive and subject to change at the discretion of venue management and security.
Zero Tolerance for Drug Use or Possession
The use or possession of any illegal drugs will not be tolerated anywhere inside or outside the venue and will be cause for ejection without refund.
CAN I BRING A CAMERA TO THE SHOW?
Patrons are allowed to bring in a SMALL personal camera. Professional cameras, or anything with a detachable lens is not allowed without a photo pass from the artist. Please note that permission to take photos is at the discretion of the artist. Video recording is not permitted. Cell phone usage and any photography is strictly prohibited at all comedy performances.
CAN I SMOKE / VAPE IN THE VENUE?
No, smoking / vaping is not permitted in the venue; however, a designated smoking section is available outside.
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
The Sylvee is located in downtown Madison at 25 S. Livingston Street a block east of High Noon Saloon. We are about a 10 minute walk from Capitol Square
WHERE CAN I PARK?
The South Livingston Street Garage is located just across the street from The Sylvee at the corner of Livingston and Main Streets. Out of consideration for our residential neighbors, parking on neighborhood streets north of East Washington Avenue is strongly discouraged. Free on-street parking is available in non-residential areas near the Sylvee.
You can also visit the City of Madison Parking Utility website for a list of all downtown parking garages and lots.
ARE YOUR SHOWS ASSIGNED SEATING?
The main floor and some areas in the balcony are standing room general admission. There are also 158 reserved seats available in the balcony.
DO YOU HAVE A COAT CHECK?
Yes, coat check is available for an additional cost. You’ll see it to your right as you enter the venue.
CAN I BRING A POSTER TUBE IN THE VENUE?
DO YOU HAVE AN AGE RESTRICTION?
Most of our performances are all ages, unless otherwise noted. Please check our calendar or call the box office for age restrictions on specific performances.
IS THERE AN ATM AVAILABLE?
DO YOU HAVE A LOST AND FOUND?
If you left an item at The Sylvee please call our box office at 608-709-8157 during their business hours and they can check to see if it was turned in. Items are kept in the venue for 2 weeks after the event and then donated to local charity.
DO YOU SERVE FOOD?
No, we do not, but there are several restaurants very close by.
IF I LEAVE CAN I COME BACK IN?
Re-entry is permitted with your original ticket and show specific stamp. Please receive your stamp upon exiting the venue. If you are re-entering the building you will need to go through the security checkpoint again.
SAFETY AND MEDICAL
The Sylvee is dedicated to providing a safe environment. Public and private security will be present throughout the entire event. The Security Staff will be available to assist your needs including any medical requests.
RENTING THE SYLVEE
IS THE SYLVEE AVAILABLE FOR SPECIAL EVENTS?
Yes, we would love to host your event! Wedding receptions, high school proms, business events, holiday parties – you name it! The Sylvee is a beautiful space for many special occasions. Please visit our Venue Rental Page for more information.